in Transit NXT Autor da sequência: Peter Motte
| Peter Motte Bélgica Local time: 15:55 Membro (2009) Holandês para Flamengo + ...
There seems to be an app for Trados to be able to handle Transit NXT files.
I installed the plugin TransitPackage Handler and I see in File -> Options under File Types "Transit bilingual documents".
I got a ppf file from one of my clients.
However, I can't open that file in Trados.
How should I do that? | | | |
Peter Motte wrote:
There seems to be an app for Trados to be able to handle Transit NXT files.
I installed the plugin TransitPackage Handler and I see in File -> Options under File Types "Transit bilingual documents".
I got a ppf file from one of my clients.
However, I can't open that file in Trados.
How should I do that?
Request a TPF file.
Oopsie
Incorrect answer. Ppf is okay. Tpf is what you return.
[Edited at 2026-09-21 15:43 GMT] | | | |
Hi Peter,
Go to Options, then "File", then "File Types" and select "Transit bilingual options".
Then go the Projects view and in the upper right corner you have to select Open StarTransit Package.
It works, I did use this function myself in the past, but it has its limitations (reference material etc.). It is not ideal, but it works.
Best regards,
Joop
[Edited at 2026-09-21 18:22 GMT] | | | | Peter Motte Bélgica Local time: 15:55 Membro (2009) Holandês para Flamengo + ... Autor do assunto
Joop Debrabandere wrote:
Hi Peter,
Go to Options, then "File", then "File Types" and select "Transit bilingual options".
[Edited at 2026-09-21 18:22 GMT]
That I have found.
Then go the Projects view and in the upper right corner you have to select Open StarTransit Package.
[Edited at 2026-09-21 18:22 GMT]
Ok, I have found it. It's a bit hidden away in the form of a small button in the upper right corner. The text Open StarTransit Package appears if you hover with the mouse over the button.
Thank you, both.
[Edited at 2026-09-21 19:23 GMT] | | |
|
|
|
Peter Motte Bélgica Local time: 15:55 Membro (2009) Holandês para Flamengo + ... Autor do assunto | Found, but it doesn't work | Sep 21 |
I've found it, but it doesn't work.
After entering the details, and clicking on Next, the program hangs, and it finally gives an error. It looks as if there is an object missing. | | | | | Not working either | Sep 21 |
Hi Peter
I have to admit, it’s not working for me this time either.
I’m getting a message saying that no application is linked.
Sorry I can’t be of any further help. In any case, it has worked for me before. Not this time.
Best regards,
Joop | | | | Peter Motte Bélgica Local time: 15:55 Membro (2009) Holandês para Flamengo + ... Autor do assunto
They probably changed something in the file format of Transit NXT | | | |
I have no idea what the reason could be.
Good luck with it. Try Transit, it is a very good tool.
Best,
Joop | | | | To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator: You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request » in Transit NXT | TM-Town | Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business
Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.
More info » |
| | Protemos translation business management system | Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
More info » |
|
| | | | X Sign in to your ProZ.com account... | | | | | |