Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?
Autor da sequência: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
STAFF DO SÍTIO
Oct 4

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:05
Membro (2007)
Inglês para Português
+ ...
Winning new clients... Oct 4

... and keep retaining those that have been with me for some time!

Philip Lees
Thayenga
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Bélgica
Local time: 21:05
Membro (2020)
Francês para Holandês
+ ...
Maintaining what I have Oct 4

Unless things suddenly would go very steeply downward in the last 3 months of this year - which is always possible - 2026 will have been a satisfying year professionally. So I would say that maintaining my existing customers is the most important challenge, as it has always been until now.

Philip Lees
Christine Andersen
 
Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonésia
Local time: 02:05
Inglês para Indonésio
+ ...
Growing Alongside AI Rather Than Competing With It Oct 4

I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes
... See more
I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes with it.

These skills are applicable across virtually every industry, and I believe my background in language and translation will remain a valuable asset, since clear communication, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of client needs are essential to implementing AI solutions effectively in any field.

I would be interested to hear how other colleagues are preparing for the changes ahead.
▲ Collapse


 
neilmac
neilmac
Espanha
Local time: 21:05
Espanhol para Inglês
+ ...
Other 07:40

When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.
... See more
When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.

https://facturaz.es/en/lp/verifactu?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=24312008288&gclid=CjwKCAjwlY3WBhANEiwApsNrLYmu639PP9eqF9WM-aJUMbqLjsIeVvSeMvMOAhfqlxizKs4k7zivHhoC_DIQAvD_BwE

[Edited at 2026-10-05 07:44 GMT]
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?






Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »